July 28, 2020
Dear OLMC Families,
I hope this letter finds you and your families well and you are getting a chance to enjoy these hot summer months. First I would like to thank everyone who completed our online survey. Your input is an important part of our plans for reopening. At this time we are hoping to offer a hybrid model following all NJDOE, CDC, and Archdiocesan guidelines. Parents may still choose an all distance learning model if that is what they so choose. Please know our plans can change instantly as guidelines from officials change.
Some of the safety protocols in place or in the process of implementing are:
- Portable temperature machines
- Placement of automatic hands free hand sanitizer stations at entrances to the school.
- Purchase of electrostatic backpack sprayer sanitizers to deep clean and disinfect daily.
- Bulk purchases of masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes
- Purchase of face shields for all teachers and staff
- Upgraded bandwidth
- Updated policies regarding arrival and dismissal procedures
- Limiting movement of classes during the school day
- Sneeze Guard in main office as well on each teacher’s desk
A detailed reopening plan with all relevant policies and procedure adjustments will be provided to all our families in early August. At that point, we will be asking families to formally choose the model that best works for them.
Our faculty have been busy attending Professional Development in the area of distance learning, social emotional development and social justice – this all to continue to provide the best educational program for your children.
In the next few weeks we will continue to gather information and evaluate our plans. First and foremost is the health and safety of our students and staff. It is our commitment to make the best decisions regarding your child’s safety and continued educational growth.
I want to take this time to thank you again for your continued support, patience, cooperation, and confidence in us to do what is right for our entire OLMC family.
Be safe, Warriors!