Welcome to my ELA class of the 2018-1029 School Year!
I am SO excited to be part of the OLMC family! I have wonderful things planned this year for my students and my hopes is that we build a dynamic Reading and Writing community here at OLMC! Last week I got to spend a little time with the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade and I am really looking forward to all the wonderful things we will achieve!
- Monthly Newsletter for the month of Sept for my class.
- Amazon link for folders
- Suggested Novel list for Middle School by GoodReads
- Suggested Graphic Novel list for Middle School by GoodReads
Homework/Reminders: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 24
Please read 20 minutes of an independent novel everyday.
Vocabulary Workbook Unit 2 must be completed by Friday
Voyages Practice Workbook Nouns 1.5-1.11 must be completed by Friday
Vocab Quiz on Friday may be moved to Thursday due to our half day.
- Correction to the supply list: Upon discussion with your fellow classmates, it has been decided that instead of a 3 ring binder for my class that we have 3 2-pocket plastic folders (the kind that can hold loose leaf paper in the middle) which we will keep in the classroom unless needed for homework. Try to get them in the next week or so. It seems like a much more reasonable request given the amount of supplies the students carry around with them. I will attach a link below in order for you to see an example. *Disclaimer – If you have already purchased a 3 ring binder, that is totally fine, I just wanted to give the students a “lighter” option.
- A notebook of any size for Reflections.
*6th GRADE HOMEROOM
- Please return the documents in the handbook signed by your parents.
- Please bring in your school picture order form with money if that is something you are interested in doing.
- Please bring in band form if you are interested in learning an instrument.
- ALSO, if you have not completed all the documents needed for Nurse Kelly please do so as it is required by the State of New Jersey.
Literary Fun Fact: Dr Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham after being challenged to write a book using fewer than fifty separate words!