This year I’m looking forward to educating and getting to know your children, but also helping in their preparation for the next step at the Academy: Middle School. Your children will experience a variety of educational opportunities, while growing through the challenges ahead. We will have another exciting year in our science lab conducting all of the unique, hands-on investigations, our science curriculum has to offer. Each trimester you can expect one major project that will be completed at home, while other projects will be completed in class throughout cooperative group learning.
Test Schedule Week of 1/15-1/19
Wednesday- Social Studies
Test Schedule Week of 1/22-1/26
Wax Museum Project….
Presentation Date Thursday, February 1 at 9:00am in the Odyssey Theatre!
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend 🙂
5th Grade Wax Museum
Report & Recording due: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- Choose a figure to represent (historical, sports, entertainment).
- Make sure to have your choice approved with Mrs. Falcicchio.
- Begin to research important facts and unique ideas about your figure.
- Write a short (3 paragraph) presentation about this figure. Make sure to write it in the first person (I, Me, We) as you will “become” this person.
- At home, you will design a background for the person you selected using a “Science Fair Poster Board” (tri-fold/cardboard).
- We will record your written presentation with iPads so that during our presentations museum attendees can hear all about you.
- You will dress as the figure you researched and wrote about, and stand as still as possible during our presentation, just like a statue at a wax museum!
Be creative, have fun, and be as still as a statue!!!
Social Studies Test- Study Guide
Vasco da Gama
King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella
Ponce de Leon
Quote of the Day:
9/20/17 “Watch your habits, they become character.”
9/21/17 “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
9/25-17 “Winning doesn’t always mean being first, winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before”
10/3/17- “Do the right thing, even when no one is watching.”
10/4/17- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” ~ St. Francis of Assisi
10/19/17- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
11/7/17- “Start each day with a grateful heart.”
11/20/17- “Take time to be thankful for everything you have. You could always have more, but you could have less.”
11/21/17- “It’s not happy people who are thankful, it’s thankful people who are happy!”
12/20-17- “Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy; forgiveness, to an opponent; tolerance, to a friend; your heart, to a customer; service, to all; charity, to a child; a good example, to yourself; respect.”