Summer Reading and Work for In coming 4th Grade: Due the First Week of School. 2020-2021
1.The class must read:.The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden- An adventure story- We will do activities in class with this book.
- Choice assignment: Choose one of the books from the many genres and do the Book Project: Design a Book Jacket. Follow directions in the packet and follow the rubric. You must use your school google account to access the book Jacket.
Here is a list of books to choose from to do your Choice Assignment.
- Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing – Judy Blume
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe(Chronicles of Natia, #2) by C.S. Lewis
- The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
- Number the Stars by Loi Lowry
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- Blubber by Judy Blume
- Superfudge(Fudge#3) by Judy Blume
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Di Camilla
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Shiloh by Phyllis Reyonalds
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- Lunch Money by Andrew Clements
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Bad News for Outlaws: Remarkable LIfe of Bass Reeves, Deputy U.S. Marshal by Vaunda Micheaux
- Beezus and Romona by Beverly Cleary
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Ronald Himler
- Keeping Score by Linda Sue Park
- Wings of Fire #10 Darkness of Dragons by Tui T. Sutherland
Click on this and you will be able to view the assignment.
To access the assignment you must use your school google account.
Please refer all Math questions to Mrs. Izzard – seventh email@example.com
Look for instructions on the Stream in Google Classroom
4th Grade: Meet: 10:30 Monday through Friday. Google Classroom
- Spanish Meet: Tuesday and Thursday 9:15 ZOOM
- Math Meet: Monday 9:00-9:45 Wednesday 9:30-10:15 Friday 9:00-9:45 ZOOM
- Check math and Spanish websites/google classroom for assignments everyday.
- Science Lab Meet: Wednesday:12:45-1:15 Google Classroom
5th Grade: Meet for LA on Tuesday and Thursday at 1:30pm.Google Classroom. 5th Grade you have assignments everyday. Congratulations on Moving Up! Good Luck in Middle School!
Welcome to 4th Grade! I am so happy to be your 4th Grade teacher.
My goal, as your teacher, is to work with you to maintain your progress and potential in school. I am committed to your development and growth. Each day we will learn something new together. Let’s have a wonderful year filled with awesome learning experiences and lots of fun activities. I am looking forward to working and learning with you.
For your child’s safety, please inform me by writing a note or by e-mail when someone other than you will be picking up your child.
If possible do this by 9 a.m., it is very difficult at times to check emails all day long.
Here is another important safety rule about the school parking lot: Please pick up your child in the parking lot by the fence. If you take your child off the dismissal line, please inform me. It is for your child’s safety that I ask you to follow these simple rules.
Thank you to all the parents/guardians who go to the appropriate place at dismissal time. Supportive parents are lifesavers!
Thank you for your time, support, and cooperation.
Just a few Reminders:
- Check Spanish Website for homework assignments.
- Check 7th Grade Website for Math assignments.
- Please make sure if you volunteer to work in the school or go on a class trip, you have completed the Protecting God’s Children course and filled out the proper volunteer forms.
- Bring in a healthy snack each day.
- Bring in earbuds or earphones