Attention Warriors in Grades 4-8! You are invited to join Miss Koval in our inaugural Warrior Book Club! On Thursdays and Mondays 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in November and December students are invited to participate in group reading and active group discussions on R.J. Palacio’s Wonder. Make sure to bring a copy of the book to each session and to sign up contact Miss Koval at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Meeting Schedule is below:
Thursday, November 30th
Monday, December 4th
Thursday, December 7th
Monday, December 11th
Thursday, December 14th
Monday, December 18th
Express your “Warrior WONDER” through Creative Writing!
After reading the best selling novel Wonder, by R.J.Palacio, seeing the movie, or both, it is now your chance to express what you have learned!
Enter one or more of the options below to win a Warrior Wonder Prize for grades 4-8.
One winner will be chosen for each option.
- A creative piece of poetry expressing why it is important to be an individual.
- A personal narrative telling a story of a time you overcame an obstacle in your life and who helped you get through it.
- A book/ movie review for “Wonder” and what viewers learn from Auggie and/or his family and friends.
- A persuasive speech to encourage others TO think twice before “judging a book by its cover”. The audience for this anti-bullying speech would be your peers.
*Please indicate if your piece can be shared with the Warrior Community.
* All submissions must be in to your Homeroom Teacher by December 21st!