At the Academy of Our Lady of Mount Carmel your child’s safety is our number one concern. In this spirit and fulfilling all Archdiocesan procedures, all parents and friends of OLMC who would like to either volunteer for the first time or would like to continue to volunteer in the Academy must contact safety coordinator and director of Religious Education, Sr. Regina Chassar, SSJ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are volunteering at either the Church or Academy of our Lady of Mount Carmel you must comply by completing the requirements of the Archdiocese of Newark in regards to volunteering in any capacity where children are present.
The diocesan policy states that first time volunteers must:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Attend a Protecting Gods Children workshop.
- Complete the background check at the time of registration.
- List of workshops can be found at: virtusonline.org
You will see FIRST TIME REGISTRANT: click on and follow the directions.
- A volunteer must recertify their certificate every three years by attending the Keeping the Promise of Alive Workshop. This is not a workshop for first time volunteers.
I have scheduled a Protecting God’s Children workshop on Thursday, October 12th, 2017 at 10 am and 7 pm.
You can find a list of various sites for this workshop at the virtusonline site. Volunteers are free to choose a workshop that is good for their schedule.
Any questions or concerns, please call Sister Regina Chassar, ssj at 201-871-4662 or email me at email@example.com
WORKSHOPS FOR RE CERTIFICATION
DEADLINE FOR RESPONSE-September 10th
- KEEPING THE PROMISE ALIVE THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST
10 AM or 7 PM (Please choose time to attend.)
- PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19TH
10 AM or 7 PM (Please choose time to attend)